Friday, January 18, 2013

Complications of Comp Tickets @ SF Theater Pub blog

Over the long weekend I hope to have the time to write some marissabidilla posts that are currently gestating, but in the meantime, check out my Theater Pub column if you're jonesin' for a fix of my writing.

This column springboards off something a friend tweeted at me in response to my 2012 theatergoing list, which caused me to consider my attitude toward comp tickets. It turns out that my attitude is composed of a lot of neurosis, guilt, hand-wringing, hypocrisy, and humblebragging. Which is a cue to change my ways! After all, I'm not just some bozo with a blog, I've been writing about the arts here for 5.5 years, so I should stop thinking of myself as an anonymous hobbyist, and be more willing to request/accept comp tickets in 2013.

No comments: