The San Francisco Olympians Festival is well under way and it feels like it has been taking the city by storm! You can check us out at the following locations...
- On your iPhone: Thanks to playwright/programmer Kirk Shimano, we are the world's only mythology-inspired theater festival with its own (free) app! It features schedules, cast lists, and festival artwork. Search for "olympians" at the App Store.
- In Bay Stages: There's a 1-page feature on us in the October issue of this new-ish local performing arts magazine. Also free! Pick up your copy here.
- In 7x7: this San Francisco publication did an online feature on the Festival today. We're all getting a kick out of being called "hipsters." Togas are the new skinny jeans, let me tell you.
- In American Theatre Magazine: We made it into a national publication! The article isn't available online, but pick up a hard copy of the October issue and turn to pages 14-15 for a few nice paragraphs on the Olympians Festival.
- At the Cafe Royale (800 Post Street): We had our opening party here, and all month long the cafe gallery is hosting a show of the original Festival artwork. It is just stunning to see in person, particularly Molly Benson's Perseus glass mosaics and Emily C. Martin's original Pleiades drawing, featuring real gold leaf!
- All month long at the Exit Theatre (156 Eddy St): the Festival readings continue every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 8 PM for the next three weeks. My play, Pleiades, is on October 22; I'd love to see you there!