Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Nigerian Night

In the evenings I like to cook and eat dinner while watching the reruns of the previous night's Daily Show and Colbert Report. Last night, for the first time, Colbert featured a performance from a Broadway show: the cast of Fela!

The Colbert ReportMon - Thurs 11:30pm / 10:30c
Fela! - Zombie
www.colbertnation.com
Colbert Report Full EpisodesPolitical HumorU.S. Speedskating


Fela! is a musical about Afrobeat superstar Fela Kuti. And as fate would have it, as I watched the Fela! performance today, I was cooking the only West African-style dish in my repertoire: the Minimalist's Peanut Soup with Chicken and Yams.

I very much recommend the recipe and it would certainly be good fuel for a night of shaking your hips to Afrobeat! And I think I'm going to call it "Fela Soup" from now on, because I'm a fan of giving recipes catchy/unique names, rather than ones that are just lists of ingredients.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.